How Remote Assist and HoloLens 2 successfully reduced Manufacturing downtime
SphereGen Case Study
Global manufacturer with multiple plant locations improves process output using remote support.
Learn how a global manufacturer was able to reduce equipment downtime, increase specialist productivity, and reduce the cost of travel and equipment breakdowns by utilizing the HoloLens 2 and Remote Assist. A simple solution to a complex and costly problem in the industry.
Support for equipment breakdowns in remote locations relied on phone calls or waiting for a specialist to arrive on-site to fix the problem. The manufacturer was experiencing slow turnaround on technical support calls. Available solutions were costly or inefficient, involving expensive last-minute travel or cumbersome remote viewing methods such as video calls using a phone, iPad and Laptops.
The manufacturer needed a solution to:
- Reduce the cost of sending specialists to address support requests
- Reduce production downtime caused by waiting for a specialist to arrive
- Improve the capabilities of their remote support services
Implemented HoloLens 2 with Remote Assist services. The manufacturer purchased (1-2) HoloLens 2 headsets per factory so that when a piece of equipment requires service, a specialist can evaluate the equipment remotely. Using annotations and visual cues, the specialist can walk the technician through the solution instead of having to travel to that location.
- Decrease equipment downtime and associated costs
- Reduced the total cost of travel throughout the year
- Decreased response time to a service request
- Improved the remote support service capabilities by making it easier to view the shop floor (hands free headset)
PLATFORM + SKILLS
- Microsoft Teams
- Remote Assist (RA)
- HoloLens 2
- HoloLens 2 & Remote Assist Support
- HoloLens 2 Implementation
- Remote Assist Implementation
- Microsoft Teams Implementation (Microsoft Admin Portal, Intune, and Power Platform Admin Center)
SMALL + MEDIUM
As a privately-held small business, we understand the goals, needs, and challenges of organizations your size. SphereGen leverages 10+ years of experience to find the ‘best technology fit’ for clients whether you build, buy or customize software and services.