Improving New Hire Productivity with Dynamics Guides and
Using Guides and HoloLens 2 to Improve Training
A large manufacturing company that produces food storage and transportation equipment uses Microsoft Dynamics Guides with the HoloLens 2 to train new hires. Productivity on the first day of the job is increased by 40%.
A large manufacturing company which produces food storage and transportation equipment was looking to make productivity gains in skilling up workers through innovative training methods. The customer was looking to make new hire training more effective and provide an engaging training program for existing workers to refresh and keep skills sharp. SphereGen worked with our customer to implement Microsoft Dynamics Guides with the HoloLens 2 to boost productivity and renew interest in training.
The existing training materials consisted of a traditional orientation program of manuals and videos. After processing the materials, the trainees would spend a day or more working with a supervisor overseeing their work. The drawbacks to this type of program were:
- Hands on training had to be accompanied by a supervisor which took a day out of the supervisor’s schedule
- Supervisors had to travel onsite to train remote workers
- Training was not completely standardized as human instruction was a large part of training
Guides with the HoloLens 2 is a customized interactive training method. Training is visual which improves knowledge retention. Hands on training on actual equipment can be overlayed with holographic training instructions so the trainee can move at their own pace, practicing steps until they feel comfortable.
After implementing Guides training, our customer realized the following benefits:
- Overall, trainees were able to come up to speed much more quickly using this training method
- Trainees were thoroughly engaged in training, using heads-up, hands-free training on actual equipment.
- Training is independent, requiring no supervision oversight.
- No travel is required for remote training
- Training is standardized across all plants
- Training can be adjusted based on feedback and implemented into all sites as a software update, as opposed to hard paper and supervisor retraining
As a privately-held small business, we understand the goals, needs, and challenges of organizations your size. SphereGen leverages 10+ years of experience to find the ‘best technology fit’ for clients whether you build, buy or customize software and services.