Overcoming Obstacles in Ride Sharing for the Senior and Disabled Population
SphereGen Case Study
Celebrity Shuttle provides a variety of healthcare services to Senior Citizens including transportation and home healthcare.
Mobile app replaces manual phone scheduling and payment process for Senior Transportation Service company.
Providing transportation for Seniors was handled via a manual phone process. Customers needing rides called the office for scheduling. Administrators would then call a company-registered driver and arrange for a customer pick up. Payment was also a manual process completed by the driver and administrator.
- The process was labor-intensive involving many phone calls between administrator/customer and administrator/driver
- Business was limited by the time required to complete scheduling and coordination of the number of rides that could be processed
- The process was cumbersome and error-prone
SphereGen created a hybrid mobile application using IONIC and Cordova platforms. All devices work from one code base. Online payment was implemented through STRIPE integration. Scheduling data and notes are tracked in Azure for analysis. Now, much of the transportation process is automated online. Customers download the app and can request and schedule pickups over their phones. Administrators assign drivers to coordinate the pickup and drivers can accept payment over the phone. Process automations directly increase the amount of business that can be processed.
- Reduced time to process requests
- Direct impact to the bottom line
- Greater Customer satisfaction
- Scheduling coordination much easier, the staff is happier
- Improved tracking of delivered rides and any problems encountered
- Application maintenance on one codebase
- Mobile Devices
- STRIPE Integration
As a privately-held small business, we understand the goals, needs, and challenges of organizations your size. SphereGen leverages 10+ years of experience to find the ‘best technology fit’ for clients whether you build, buy or customize software and services.