With the current regulations regarding shared equipment, many people are asking for guidelines on how to keep a HoloLens 2 clean.
The HoloLens 2 should be cleaned between each user. Like any wearable technology, the headset can accumulate a buildup of oil and dirt if not cleaned frequently.
Here are some of our best tips for keeping the headset clean and germ-free:
• Wash your hands before using the HoloLens 2
• Use a microfiber cloth or individually packaged wipes that contain 70% alcohol
• Keep wipes in the headset case or in proximity to the charging station
• Ensure the brow part of the headset stays clean by using disposable brow pads
• Do not pass the headset between people without cleaning it
• Keep the headset on a clean surface
• Do not use UV-A or UV-B to clean the headset as they can damage the technology
While the HoloLens 2 is a great tool for distance work and remote assistance, it’s important to recognize that safety is a priority. Cleaning the HoloLens 2 frequently is vitally important to the health of the headset and the humans wearing it.
Need a HoloLens 2? We have them in stock!