The Business Analyst is a front-facing customer service role, primarily accountable for eliciting, validating, analyzing, and documenting business and operational requirements for various functional areas. The Business analyst works with clients and communicates to Offshore and Onshore teams.
Primary Purpose of Role:
The RPA Business Analyst works with the Robotics Process Automation (RPA) technology team and key stakeholders to create automated solutions for the business. The role is a key link between the technical team, Process Excellence and business stakeholders to ensure effective solutions are delivered which drive meaningful and measurable business value.
The role will analyze and document complex business processes (AS-IS and TO-BE) for targeted processes. The candidate would also support the facilitation of discovery sessions across multiple teams and business units and lead the adoption/implementation activities associated with new RPA solutions within the business.
The Business Analyst works with cross-functional teams and business units to understand, challenge and provide thought leadership on strategy to achieve the company’s goals through business and technology transformation. They identify automation opportunities, define RPA value proposition and re-engineer processes to improve automation potential.
- Partner with client Business Process Owner(s) to develop a deep end-to-end understanding of processes targeted for automation
- Engage with cross-functional teams to develop business requirements documentation of the process to be automated in a manner that is understood by the business users and can be shared with RPA solution design and development teams
- Work with RPA & Technical Team members to facilitate the planning and execution of RPA and other Automation projects
- Work with Business Partners and SME’s to perform value analysis (ROI) for the processes
- Coordinate with the Business Partners and the RPA team to identify and provide support for solution designs for production issues and enhancements
- Identify scope, benefits, constraints, and risks for RPA automation initiatives, capture and document current state manual processes (AS IS)
- Identify and document best practices for ongoing RPA adoption
- Facilitate sessions with stakeholders to capture, refine, and validate requirements
- Consider change management implications for implementation of new RPA processes
- Deliver key business analysis artifacts, using best practices and tools, for the design, solution and execution of medium and large projects
- Document and diagram the existing environment and data-flows
- Gather non-functional requirements such as security, capacity performance and system availability
- Act as a liaison between business and technical resources
- Recommend ‘TO-BE’ process map designs using Cross-functional flowcharts.
- Conduct Process diagnostics & opportunity identification
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong customer service focus with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, stakeholders, and management. Demonstrate strong collaboration across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision, while participating fully as a member of the RPA team
- Provide Project Management support across all phases of SDLC
- Effective persuasive communication including the ability to influence SMEs and business stakeholders toward change, automation and continuous improvement
- Ability to translate requirements into processes and controls
- Strong analytical skills, coupled with a logical, disciplined and structured approach to documentation and procedures
- Flexible and dynamic personality
- Excellent spoken and written communication. Assertive and confident raising action points with senior individuals
- Experience of working on major projects
- Experience/knowledge of a range of technical platforms and solutions
- Work with individuals to understand and build detailed process maps and business requirements documents
- Ability to rapidly grasp processes and identify potential RPA solutions
- Integrate leading practices on process discovery & mapping into the day-to-day delivery of business requirements documents
- Willingness to learn and become an expert in RPA
- 2-5 years of experience supporting business process documentation with business owners and SMEs
- A team player that is willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced delivery environment
- Knowledge of RPA technologies and best practices
- Basic Database concepts should be known.
- Basic understanding of third-party integration (Payment gateways, CRM tools and web services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ IT/ Data Sciences/ Business Administration or related fields
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with automation software (e.g., UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism)
- Computer Software
- Business Development
**Please apply to this position on a desktop or laptop computer. If you encounter any issues applying for this position please email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with the subject as “Information Technology Business Analyst Application“.