Software engineers are in high demand and local talent pools are contracting. Outsourcing software development…
Web and Mobile Apps are the keys to business success. Whether these applications are internal systems or public-facing, their performance affects your bottom line. It is important that these applications are accessible and optimized to increase profits. If your business requires single device applications or multi-platform systems encompassing various devices, rely on our 10+ years of application development experience building custom web and smart device solutions to help you see results.
Over 50% of website traffic is on mobile devices. With over half of the world’s customer bases relying on mobile access, businesses need a way to connect through multiple platforms. Whether building a new mobile app or looking to redesign an existing app, keep the following points in mind:
- Losing customers on mobile app
- Inconsistant across device platforms
- Apps do not work on multiple platforms
- Internal business applications do not work on mobile devices
- Application runs slow or does not work
- Large number of concurrent users effects performance
- App no longer meets the app store requirements
- App is not user friendly – navigation requires too many keystrokes; text/buttons are too small; images too large that result in slow page loads
- Information is not carried from page to page
- Multiple codebases targeting multiple device platforms – lack of maintenance to keep all in sync
- Mobile apps are not cross-platform tested
- Website is not device responsive
- App not configured to work with low latency bandwidth, only works on higher bandwidth (5G/5G LTE/4G/4G LTE)
There are three types of mobile apps – native, hybrid or mobile websites. Native mobile apps are device-specific (i.e. iOS App Store vs Android Play Store) and written in the language native to the device. Hybrid mobile apps (cross-platform) use a framework to scale one set of base code to multiple platforms/app stores. Mobile websites (progressive web apps) are web applications that are responsive to any device. The choice that best suits your business depends on the use of the application, your budget, and the audience.
Before making any decision about the path of development, we work with you to determine which type of app is the best fit according to your requirements. In addition to use, budget, and audience, we take into account scalability, maintainability, and connectivity. Our development process puts mobile design first.
One of the cornerstones of a successful business in today’s digital environment is ensuring that web application performance is user-friendly and runs smoothly. A well-oiled website and its applications represent the face of a company, and in an ideal scenario, they serve as a mark of reliability, innovation, and progress.
Is your website/application performing as it should?
- Waiting for pages to load – long run times
- Unable to scale data storage or processing power without significant hardware investment
- Security-related time-outs
- Poorly written code
- Poor framework design
- Unoptimized images
- Low bandwidth
- Lack of load balancing
- Unoptimized databases
- Slow servers and loading time
- Out-of-date maintenance
- Cross-site scripting errors
We build websites and applications for optimum performance. If you have a website that is not performing at its peak, we analyze the architecture to pinpoint areas of poor performance. The first step in addressing performance issues is to fine-tune architecture design, making sure databases and code are optimized.
Usually, the first inclination in solving performance problems is to increase processing power. While this does solve some performance issues, if the software architecture design isn’t optimized – processing power alone won’t solve your problems. Once optimal optimization has been achieved, then we address scalability through options such as cloud computing.
Keeping your eye on the bottom line is paramount to success. Therefore, you need to get a complete picture of your operations. Due to a lack of system integration, most businesses never see that wide-angle view – only snapshots. If you have trouble seeing the overall picture of your business or are experiencing any of the issues listed below, you are not alone.
- Can’t report on data from multiple systems
- Manual operations needed to combine reports
- Data silos – no data flow from system to system resulting in the need for duplicate data
- User connectivity – no access to systems, need a single point of sign-on
- Lack of system integration due to multiple systems added over time
- Add-hoc planning of LOB systems
As businesses grow it is natural to add software components to support the extension of Operations. However, if these components are added without reference to existing systems or future needs, growth results in multiple system silos with no connectivity. Legacy systems are combined with advanced systems, with no integration to pull it all together.
Proper resolution of system integration issues requires overall business system analysis to study data flows and uses. A customized solution can then be developed which focuses on each need to be addressed using tools such as ETL, RPA, Web Services, and Cloud Services. This might include a frontend dashboard that offers consolidated data views from disparate systems. Connectivity can be established by building bridges or data integrators. And lastly, if legacy systems are too outdated and ineffective, they can be replaced by applications which do integrate into the existing environment. We will work with you to find the best fit for your business, both functionally and cost-effective.
Business moves fast and staying ahead of the game can result in reacting instead of pro-acting. As a result, manual processes or workarounds creep in to keep operations moving. Eventually, these processes are costly – time and labor-intensive and prone to error. We have a fix for that with Robotic Process Automation or RPA. Robotic code which can automate small manual processes or multi-step flow processes. If you are experiencing some of the issues below, RPA might be the answer.
- Manual processes are costly, both time and labor-intensive, and prone to error
- Operational tasks take away time for strategic business
- Repetitive processes lead to less job satisfaction
- Too costly to rewrite software to automate the process
- Staff is bogged down with working all transactions instead of just exception handling
- Employees are disengaged by repetitive process work
- Each process step requires human interaction before proceeding to the next step
Many businesses refrain from updating their legacy systems because it is too costly. Instead, they create workarounds, which may save money upfront but ends up adversely affecting Operations, which affects profitability.
Enter RPA (Robotic Process Automation). RPA serves as a means to automate existing processes by working as an integrator to legacy systems, not replace them. This results in an update that is less costly and less invasive to the existing landscape. The best part is that you can implement pilot programs in RPA with a small investment.
- Compromised system
- Compromised data
- Non-compliant with HIPAA
- Non-compliant in industry specific processes (i.e. ITAR, FERPA)
- Gaps in security caused by OS updates/change in settings
- No software asset management program
- No consistency in internal audits
- Inadequate encryption
- Missed privacy settings on one or more required tiers
- System required changes are not up to date with new government mandates
Staying on top of all the updates and information which must be tracked to remain compliant, can be overwhelming. That is why we work with our customers to guide them through the necessary steps in becoming and staying software compliant.
As your software partner, we stay up to date on 3rd party vendor updates which might affect your business. We make sure applications are compliant in database, n-tier, and user interface levels by implementing proper encryption and user security through access. Architecture designs include effective audit trails to ensure audits are passed.
SAVINGS ARE JUST A CONVERSATION AWAY
As a privately-held small business, we understand the goals, needs, and challenges of organizations your size. SphereGen leverages 10+ years of experience to find the ‘best technology fit’ for clients whether you build, buy or customize software and services.